Navigating the Code VB menu
- Use Alt - keys to minimize switching from keyboard to mouse and back
- You can move to menu items with underscore by pressing the underscored character / shortcut key
- In most cases the first character of the menu item is its shortcut key
- If on the menu only one item has the shortcut key, pressing the key immediately triggers the menu action
- If on the menu multiple items have the same shortcut key, pressing the key move to the next item with that key. Pressing [Enter] starts the selected action
- In some cases menus can be very long. In such cases use PgDn to move through
- A limited set of mnemonics let you move to the most common menu items
- N: Name
I: If Then
F: For loop
A: Add Fragment
M: Manage Fragments
- If accidentally what you inserted is not what you wanted, use Alt-Backspace to undo the last changes
- Walk through the Settings and change them to match the way you prefer the builders to work.
- Train yourself in using Code VB instead of typing. The more you use it, the more time it will save you.
- Walk through the options under Preferences at least once and customize whatever you want.
- You can add alter and remove lines in the prefixes tab to match prefixes and types according to your Naming Standards.